Silicon Block is the largest meeting of corporate strategy, innovation, M&A, and corporate venture practitioners in Melbourne coming together to learn from each other.
With panels and fire-side chats that bring you cutting edge content from some of the world's greatest innovators, Silicon Block ensures you stay in the know. We arm business leaders with skills, mindset and connections to navigate accelerated change.
Join us as we intimitately interview industry experts on their careers and ask them to share their key learnings with you.
Enjoy activations that showcase the amazing work of our community and industry partners. Silicon Block is an event designed to delight you with immersive experiences, we enable you to get hands on with the technology and people shaping the future.
- Stephanie Winkler, Research and Insights at VICE APAC
- Jodie Sizer, CO-CEO Indigenous Consulting at PWC
- Leigh Barnes, Chief Purpose Office at Intrepid Group
- Kristin O’Brien, CEO & Founder of VOOP
- Russel Howcroft, CCO of PWC
- Siobhan McFeeney, Digital Transformation Designer at Pivotal SF
- John Chambers, CEO and Founder of Fresh Ventures
- Nigel Dalton, Chief Inventor at REA
- Harriet Wakelam, Design Director at IAG
- Ben Burge, CEO of Belong
- Dmitri Colebatch, Senior Manager at Toyota
- Adam Tiberi, CPO at Western Union
- Jodie Auster, General Manager at Uber Eats Australia
- Arturo Arrarte, Head of Growth APAC at Slack
- Rupert Hackett, CEO of Bitcoin Australia
- Ayala Domani, Innovation and Incubation Director at Telstra
- Adam Jacobs, Managing Director at The Iconic
- Jac Phillips, Senior Director and Head of Marketing at Visa
- Caroline Breeze, Head of Australia at Braintree
- Marissa Rosenberg, Senior Research Scientist at NASA
- Dan Ross, MD of Optimizely
- Fiona Wynn, Head of Innovation at Australia Post
- Juan Carlos Lopez, Head of Product at RACV
Talk, Play, Party
- Karen Stocks, Former MD of Twitter Australia
- Susan Brown, MD of Girls in Tech
- Alicia Naples, Ex-Senior Director of UX at Magic Leap (USA)
The Sports Edition: How digital is changing the game
- Justin Rodski, CMO at Essendon Football Club
- Nick Atkinson, Digital Marketing Manager at Nike
- Kane Washington, Digital Program Manager, Cricket Australia
- James Johnson, Regional Director of Demandware
How can the old and new work together in order to stimulate the economy and drive growth?
- Paul Baron, Group Manager Online Marketing at Tourism Victoria
- Pradeep Philip, CEO of LaunchVic
- Julie Stevanja, Founder and CEO of Stylerunner
- Col Kennedy, Global Head of Marketing and E-commerce at Cotton On
- Helen Souness, MD at Etsy Australia and Asia
- Matthew Denman, General Manager at Uber
- Nigel Dalton, CIO REA Group
- Blake Hutchinson, Head of Strategic Partnerships at Xero
Humans should focus on things that humans are better at and things that are harder for robots to do. So empathy, creativity, and most importantly adaptability.Stephanie WinklerHead of Insights at Vice
Hire the best people you possibly can, and grow them.Helen SounessFormer MD of Etsy, currently CEO of RMIT Online
In Richmond, Melbourne, we are blessed with do-ers. Silicon Block Party is a vital meeting of the tribes - people getting together.Nigel DaltonCIO REA Group
Just be bold. Everyday, all the time. Fear holds us back so much, what's the worst that can happen? You just get a bit of a bruised ego, but guess what? The ego is very resilient and it will come back.Karen StocksFormer MD of Twitter Australia
The sandwich is a trap. The soup is cowardice. Make the salad.Alysha NaplesFormer Senior Director of UX at Magic Leap
Innovation is not something you create, it is something that people have within and events like these are great catalysts to bring it forward.Juan Carlos LopezGM of Products at RACV
The work we do today determines what the world will look like tomorrow.Adam JacobsFounder of The Iconic
We are absolutely on the cusp of digitalising the industry.Dmitri ColebatchSenior Manager at Toyota
Our killer partners
Slack is the collaboration hub that brings the right people together with all the right information and tools to get work done. Launched in 2014, Slack is the fastest-growing business application in history. Millions of people around the world use Slack to connect their teams, unify their systems, and drive their business forward. From Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, Slack helps people communicate better.
IE Digital, the innovation and experience company, is a technology consultancy with offices in Melbourne, Sydney and San Francisco. Through design thinking, lean and agile practices, IE rapidly transforms enterprises and delivers world-class digital experiences.
Dropbox is a modern workspace designed to reduce busywork-so you can focus on the things that matter. Sign in and put your creative energy to work.
Shopify is the best ecommerce platform that has everything you need to sell online, on social media, or in person.
MYOB is proud to be a leading provider of business management solutions in New Zealand and Australia, we believe you deserve the freedom that comes with choice. No two businesses are the same so we offer more than 50 products and services. From desktop software to cloud-based solutions, MYOB can fulfill your needs. With the right tools for your business, you’re free to focus on doing what you really love.
RMIT Online offers a world-class education that delivers work-ready skills and knowledge to transform your career.
Since its foundation in 1937, globally, Toyota has strived continuously to contribute to the sustainable development of society and the planet through its business operations. Motor vehicles greatly expand the freedom of mobility, however, Toyota recognises that they can also have an effect on our society and the environment. With this in mind, Toyota listens carefully to their stakeholders as they pursue a business that works towards harmony with people, society, and the global environment.
Bar partner. Braintree helps businesses of all sizes, from small to large enterprise, accept, process, and split payments to help maximize business opportunities and revenue growth. Companies around the world benefit from the technology and support of Braintree coupled with the scale, backing, and confidence of partnering with a PayPal service.
Startup Victoria is a not-for-profit organisation set up to create More Founders and Better Founders. Startup Victoria is the go-to destination for all startup related topics. We believe that Melbourne can be one of the world’s best cities to build a startup. We want to help make that a reality by helping to accelerate the growth of Victoria’s startup ecosystem.